sarve bhavantu sukhinaH – सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः
Let’s celebrate Feb 21 (International Mother Language Day) 2017 in unique way! The idea is to have everyone experience how easy it is to Speak Samskritam.
HASHTAG is #IMLD17Samskritam (include it in Title as well)
See one sample below [more pronounciation/etc. guides coming soon!]
Pick 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 from sentences below & fill up blanks with your information – Keep videos short (say 21, 51, 75 or 108 seconds). At the least, try to include sentence # 1, 8 & 9
1) mama naama ___. (Your Name)
2) mama deshasya naama ___. (Name of your Country by Nationality)
3) aham ___ (Name of your City) nagare vasaami.
4) ___ (Name of your City) ___ (Name of your Country of Residencee) deshe asti. [You may skip this sentence if your country of Residence is same as your country of Nationality]
5) mama maatRRibhaaShaa ___ (Name of your Mother Tongue) asti.
6) adya ___ (Today’s day of week) vaasaraH asti.
7) idaaniim ___ (Current Time of Day – full hour) vaadanam.
8) sarve bhavantu sukhinaH.
9) jayatu saMskRRitam. -or- vande saMskRRitamaataram.
१) मम नाम ___।
२) मम देशस्य नाम ___।
३) अहम् ___ नगरे वसामि।
४) ___ ___ देशे अस्ति।
५) मम मातृभाषा ___ अस्ति।
६) अद्य ___ वासरः अस्ति।
७) इदानीम् ___ वादनम्।
८) सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
९) जयतु संस्कृतम्। -or- वन्दे संस्कृतमातरम्।
Once recorded, post the video on YouTube with hashtag #IMLD17Samskritam (in title), & encourage/inspire your family/friends (publicly; by tagging) to make an attempt of speaking in dev-vani … Check if it showed up here
It is like one lamp lights up many more – and together we help everyone enter into light of knowledge – “tamaso ma jyotirgamaya”